Thursday, January 15, 2015

In Another Word For Blue

The day went away
I was sure it wouldn't come back
I make the time lying awake
To think about tomorrow
Last night I got two names
Both are different men
One outpaced me
The other is sorry

But you, you always surprise me
With your audacity and the confidence
Of a thousand men
You order me around
And I act like I enjoy it
Sometimes I do
You haven't changed
Enigma that you are

Makes me sure I'll go far
There are so many amazing people
In my life
I have some rotten hatred
For Cleopatra the star
I need to pull it out and place it somewhere
I have help
I should just be relieved I made the cut

I jumped over a vast ravine
From the inferno, to purgatorio
And here I am in a strange place
Between two worlds
And I can walk back and forth
With the right people
I don't know where I'm going
But I can never go back

Lucky for me you went first
Like the man you are
You wouldn't tell me to do
Anything I really shouldn't
Or anything you wouldn't do yourself
If you were me and I will be you
There is really nothing we can't do
But you know that's true

And I know you're out there
Working with silent determination
Domination
I am a replication
There is unbounded joy
Ancient colors
Pigmentation
Boldness in another word for blue...luz...


No comments:

Post a Comment