Friday, November 1, 2013

Never Absent

You're the kind of man who's always there.
Even when you're out of town you stay in touch.
I'm at a loss, so forgive me please.
I'm rarely sad, although I'm vaguely sorry.
Sorry about not measuring up to my own expectations in the past.

If you go a wandering I'll know for sure.
It's beneath me to say what I mean all the time.
A vague allusion to a shooting star.
Torn up inside, I have a web of scars.
Somehow I am no longer afraid of spiders.

I saw a white widow traversing a thread and I let it stay.
When I go to bed in the miniature place I live in, I think about how much better it would be with you.
You care and are careful with the items you love.
Using the word "item" makes me sound utilitarian.
Do you profess every great love?

No comments:

Post a Comment