Sunday, August 3, 2014

Thanks for Stating the Obvious

I sat down next to him, but I didn't realize it was him until later.
I didn't realize because for once I was wrapped up in a world separate from his - apart.
In my world I wasn't concerned if I looked fat or picked out the wrong color of lipstick.
I wasn't thinking about how my yoga teacher corrected my posture in class.
I wasn't interested in whether or not I knew the answers to everything.

When I sat down I was in my own territory, in a place not a lot of people tread.
Sometimes when I'm there I stop noticing the landscape around me.
It's like when you find yourself chewing on a jalapeno, but you never feel the spice.
Then he said my name, which almost frightened me at first.
I don't know a lot of people here.

And what was he doing in a coffee shop in Colorado?
It was absurd, even to me.
But for me to accuse someone of following me is sheer folly.
Follow me here, follow me there, follow me, follow me, everywhere.
I hope you enjoy your life underground.

Destitute time - what does that mean?
I hope I'm destitute in time.
No one wants to be destitute.
Time is always destitute.
Leave me alone - I'm destitute.

Simply lost in a reverie.
That's where you found me.
Only you didn't really find me, because I wasn't there.
I won't tell you to go away.
You always go - it's my favorite part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment