Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How Does Your Love Grow?


Mine grows in time with the moon.
I am finding my way with arms outstretched.
I don't want to fall down the mine shaft.
There are crystals down there that grow clear as ice and water.
I thought there was a dragon afoot.

I was reading a book and wondering where I went wrong.
Humanity is still.
Our movements are slow.
If you turn a boulder over you might find something nasty.
Better under the Boulder than in your hand.

The worst part is in your head.
Or when you hold me and feel so responsible...for me.
I wasn't going to be held accountable for our demise.
Or maybe I was and am.
But that was then and this is now.

And I am awake in the morning and you stay up all night.
Or rather the best sounds to you are my fingers on these keys.
If I prepared something silent and secret for you would you drink it like an elixir to all your wounds?
You might have created your own elixir, who needs mine?
And we're trading each other with each other like a choreographed number from Guys and Dolls.


No comments:

Post a Comment