Thursday, September 4, 2014

Figment of Your Imagination

Hello.
Have we met before?
Probably, either that or I know someone you know.
Honestly, it's a surprise seeing you here.

Your eyes were on fire when you talked to me.
Or they were twinkling impishly.
You know there are people who don't want me to see you again.
However, I have a good idea of who you are and I would like to try this again.

Maybe next time you'll get a better idea of who I can be.
I can be anyone I want to be.
Did you think I would really say something as cliché as:
I can be anyone you want me to be?

If I was what I thought you wanted me to be.
I would not be free.
If I am who I need to be you will have a better time.
What I want is to show you a good time while you're in town.

You work fast, I'll give you that much.
You might be wondering what's happening.
Wonder...
Is this me? Am I writing this?

A figment of you is still with me.
Let me see, who do I want to be?
I'm formulating it right now.
Thanks for spicing up my life.

Ok, ok, ok, this is life, but it's also a game.
I want you to feel a bit more nervous than you did initially.
I was unassuming.
Why?

Good question.
I'll let you ruminate on whatever it is you think is important.
Of course I'll let you.
Let's be clear, I'm not dictating anything.

Neither are you though.
We're merely rooks in a larger game.
Pawn is so passé.
Gone, gone, gone away.

I have a feeling you'll rethink your actions in the light of day.
Or you'll be watching.
But either way.
Remember, all you have to do is use your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment