Saturday, November 8, 2014

You and Me

I'm not sure what to say.
I want to say I'm surprised, but I don't think that's accurate.
Here's how this goes for me:
We both do our work and essentially there are no surprises.

But there are always surprises.
The setting is a little odd.
It's odd, yet familiar.
It has quite a bit of potential.

Of course I have no idea what's on your agenda.
My assumption says it won't take you long to complete.
In this sea of vagueness I find myself casting around for the correct words.
To purposely be utterly vague and yet speak to you.

I have an idea of what that looks like right now.
You're in your "bed" with the covers pulled over you so you can look at your phone?
I could be wrong.
But it shows how dysfunctional I am that this is how I talk to you.

Just in case you can't see me in your mind's eye:
I'm in my fuzzy "winter" pajamas, ready for bed, whatever, this is stupid.
I should be ignoring you completely, but later I might want to remember this moment.
Or I might want to forget it, but I won't.

The answer is definitely no.
I finally got it.
The message was loud and clear.
No.

And go away.
I'm not angry.
I just can't.
I'm sure you understand.

How much stronger do I need to be?
To make you stop.
We've always been on opposing teams.
You and Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment