Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dreams of You

It seems that you've taken over my dreams.
You're testing me and making sure.
You always want to know if I'm hiding something.
What if I am? What if I'm not?

Sometimes you can't help yourself you show another side.
The side that wants to be held, the side that might have cried.
You pull out a thorn stuck deep inside me.
You're always fixing what's wrong.

How could anyone else have ever guided me?
Why do I have to wait so long?
When all I want is to have you near.
To see inside your world.

There is a gathering of people deep underground and they're cheering me on.
They seem to think I can save them.
They've seen how far I've come.
I may be a fast runner but I can't outrun this one.

So whether you come to me in daylight or in my sleep.
Whichever form you take, it doesn't matter to me.
I just want to know you love me.
And above all, no matter what, that you won't stop until you have me to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment