Friday, May 24, 2013

The Falsity of Jealousy

Birra birra on the wall?
Who's the fairest of them all?
I once was wise but now I see…
The travesty of my own iniquity.

Hold on prophet, wise but true.
Am I in love with me or in love with you?
If you are jealous of even the shirt on my chest, then wouldn't you care about the signature caress?
Ah, it's because you always come first, even your jealousy, it's linked to you and not to me.

Sometimes you're jealous and sometimes you're not.
Perhaps when you're busy, that's when I get caught.
On the other hand, I have known you to drop everything if the urge grabs you.
So, it's truly impossible to manipulate your jealous nerve.

I know someone else who is jealous at the drop of a hat.
God I can't even eat something with too much pleasure.
He wants to give it to me or take it away.
He never lets me sit alone in silence with my grapes.

Speaking of silence and aloneness…I have a chance to experience it some more.
But soon it'll be snatched away.
And I'll be busier with the business of business than I care to admit.
Seemingly I am pretty busy now.

How many poems can you write in a day Anna?
The first time I've mentioned myself by name.
This is me, "Anna not Anna."
I'll never forget that and you will never forget it either.

What to do when there is no exit.
Expect a reprieve.
When the chips are down.
There is always the age of reason.

I am in love.
I am on a new drug called love.
Love is doing some strange things to me.
I don't love it that you're not in love with false positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment