Thursday, April 10, 2014

Petty Me

Petty, petty, petty me.
Every detail, each remark, every facial cue, for me to outdo you.
Silly, sorry, I didn't know.
And you all were afraid to say so.

You did this, she did that, I'm tabulating to keep you off track.
Undermining, sabotage, I am an expert at this collage.
Mad and angry, evil words.
I unleash them until you hit the curb.

Politician, diplomat, I didn't even know that was me.
Decide to know me and you'll see.
They all seem to forget or forgive the wrath.
Of an impenetrable hypograph.

Sing me a song and I may melt your heart.
I listen every time.
And as much as you're ahead, I am farther behind.
Given circumstance I have a choice, now that I found another voice.

Self-deprecate to make them smile.
I'll be gone for a little while.
But we come back into synergy.
And without you I am without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment